This Week's NATIONAL ETIQUETTE AWARD goes to... Azerbaijan!

Azerbaijan Page in Wikipedia

President of the Republic of Azerbaijan

Azerbaijan Portal

Azerbaijan International

This week's National Etiquette Award goes to Azerbaijan, as it is cutomary there to remove shoes when entering homes.

Not all of these etiquette posts are easy to write like Sweden and Turkey. I must admit I do not actually know that much about Azerbaijan.

Let me go through what I know without consulting Wikipedia. It is a former Soviet republic. It is a Muslim country. It's people speak a Turkic language. It had a nasty war with Armenia some years ago. It has oil. Radio plays a vital role in spreading the Gospel in that country. And of course people there remove their shoes in homes.

I remember when I was 13 I used to read a magazine called 'Combat and Survival' (I had a fascination with military stuff back then). There was an article in one issue about the war between Azerbaijan and Armenia.

The site meter indicates that we have been privileged to have been visited by at least on visitor from Azerbaijan. This blog welcomes this person if he or she is reading it now. Perhaps if this person is here, he or she might like to share something about their country. Such a comment would be very welcome.

May God bless Azerbaijan and save sinners there!