BBC Journalists

I have noticed that BBC journalists very rarely remove their shoes when visiting houses to film and conduct interviews. I appreciate that this is the UK, where most people do not require shoes-off as a rule, but I think it is a nice gesture to take them off without being asked if the people living in the house are shoe-less.

I was just watching BBC News 24 and a journalist visited the mobile home of a man whose house had been flooded. She kept her shoes on, even though the ground outside must surely have been filthy after the flooding.

I get the impression that a lot of BBC journalists hate taking off their shoes. I recall a BBC journalist visited a house where she was asked to remove her shoes. She did so, but the next time she was filmed in that house, her shoes were back on.