French Canadian Mimes

The shoe that fits one

person pinches another;

there is no recipe for living

that suits all cases.

~~Carl Gustav Jung~~




I just happen to be skimming the WWW and saw an article about the circus and mimes when I remembered the most harrowing experience I ever had with a mime. I was at the CN tower in Toronto. I had taken some visiting family members there and at the base of the tower was a mime. The mime from hell.



That mime was so strange I cannot even describe it. He was disturbing to look at in every way. He was dressed in all black and white and attached to a metal pole--like he was hanging from it or he and the pole were one. I could not stop watching. How he was "miming" was so wierd and unlike anything I had seen before. He was the only hellish mime in the area "miming" from a metal pole. After about 10 minutes of watching him we went on our way but after that I was totally turned off by mimes. I could not bring myself to give him any money. I had never had any problem with mimes before that day. I have not been the same after that when it comes to mimes.



Mimes are satan's spawn.





About the tower:

Considered one of the "Seven Wonders of the Modern World", no trip

to Toronto is complete without a visit to the CN Tower. Built in

1973, it remains the World's Tallest Building and Free-Standing

Structure and boasts the World's Longest Metal Staircase. Not up

for the climb? No worries. In just 58 seconds the high-speed elevators

whisk you up 346 m above ground to the Look Out level. Here the

brave of heart step-out onto the glass floor, or outside to the

observation deck. And the truly daring climb aboard a separate

elevator and shoot up another 33 storeys to the Sky Pod for a

full 360-degree unobstructed view of the city. Afraid of heights?

Don't worry, there's lots to do at the Tower including a 144-seat

cinema, 4 motion simulator rides, a themed arcade, shopping, and

a fresh market cafe. And for diners, there's no better place to

see and be seen than at the CN Tower's skyward Horizons Cafe

and 360 Restaurant, home, of course, to the World's Highest

Wine Cellar