Bad News

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws!

Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"English humorist & science fiction novelist (1952 - 2001)



Well bad news is all over our office right now. We seem to have had a mass exodus of employees in one week. We are all just floored. Three people have resigned to go off to new jobs. One went to the competition for a little higher pay, one hated this career altogether and tried something totally new and different and one who is bilingual went to a huge manufacturing plant where he will be speaking spanis all day for $17,000 more per year. Makes me think I need to brush up on my spanish! 17,000 more just for speaking spanish!

What are the rest of us doing. Panicking! Sheer panick has set in as we will have to absorb the work of 3 people. They have about 130 cases altogether that will need to be distributed. Today 36 of those were given out...4 apiece! It is going to get crazy! No amount of pixie dust will help us. We need bodies to sit in those desks and handle cases! There is no rest for the weary!

I will have to work this weekend just to stay on top. In addition I am training some employees who are having problems--retraining is the exact word. How can I get my work done for training people who have obviously missed the boat on critical information a long time ago?

I am so ready for halloween. This year I plan to do Nightmare Before Christmas as my theme. I just ordered some wonderful stuff from Disney.com. I cannot wait! dirty Fila already has her costume...goth witch! What is it with all the goth halloween stuff?

Well off to bed. I have to get up early to head to the salt mines again in the morning.

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~