I Liked these Guests

My parents entertained a family of four to dinner at their house today.

Upon entering, the wife offered to remove her shoes. My mother declined this offer (silly mummy) and the woman and her daughter proceeded in with their shoes on. Then the husband and his son entered and also offered to take their shoes off. My father replied "Thanks, that would be appreciated." I was a little surprised by his saying this. The woman and her daughter noticed this and removed their shoes.

Maybe there is hope that British etiquette will change. It was beautiful to see a line of shoes by the door.

We enjoyed a meal of Beef Casserole with New Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts and Sweetcorn. We had a Plum Crumble for dessert with Custard.

The guests were from my parents Church. They were very Charismatic in theology, but were quite lovely.