Mixed Couples

There were quite a few Japanese/ English married couples at the Japan Christian Link conference, some who lived in Japan and others who lived in England.

I could not help wondering about whether or not they applied strict shoes-off policies in their homes or not. I did not actually speak to any of them on that subject as there were plenty of other things to talk about.

I expect those living in Japan would almost certainly have followed the custom there. However, it is possible that some of those couples living in England might have been less strict for the sake of visitors. I suppose it would have been interesting to know.

Of course, even couples who are of the same nationality might disagree about the issue. Personally, I think it would be something to bear in mind if I ever consider marriage again. I would probably rather marry a woman who did not object to having a shoes-off policy. Maybe I need to marry a lady from a shoes-off country.