Weekend Warrior Shoes!



Is age setting in? I now know the true meaning of weekend warrior. I feel old and sore today. This past weekend I spent with friends (10 of us) and went to the lake for the day. They had jetskis, a tube and a boat. Now I have done some boating in my college years when I was Fun and Fancy Free and agile. Key word: Agile! What does that mean? It means what I am mostly not now... flexible!
Characterized by quickness, lightness, and ease of movement; nimble. Mentally quick or alert!

Well, I was all good out there all day in the sun, jet skiing around and jumping out of the boat into 25 feet of dark, murky lake water. I finally felt a little tired after 4 hours. That did not stop me. I continued on. You would have thought my name was Ariel! Well there finally came a time when I jumped out of the boat and was floating around (life jackets on of course) and I really felt tired. The sun was beaming down and I was just too tired to haul my body back into that boat. (I really had a chance to see how people get into trouble on the water. I was not in any trouble really, but I could see how easy it would be to die on the water. Jump out of the boat and can't get back in and tire out just trying! Disaster on the water--quick! )



I reached for the ladder and the way the ladder was placed, you have to almost put your leg above your body midline to get to the first rung. Then you have to get a good grip and haul your body up to get upright standing on the first rung to them climb the remaining rungs to get back into the boat. Well, I just could not haul myself up that last time. We were about 1 mile out so with me being so tired, I could not swim back to shore.. even with the life jacket on. The jet skis were 2 man jet skis so I was able to swim to the jet ski, haul myself up on the back of that and I rode back to shore on the jet ski. All was well.

We spent the rest of the day floating near the shore, tubing and eating. There is nothing like being on the tube. They used the jet skis to pull the tube. I know were were going about 60mph on those jet skis. We were flying across the water at times airborne. Great fun.



Since that time I have been stiff as a board. I have discovered muscles that I forgot I ever had. My left knee feels a little strained. Why is it the things we had no problem doing as we were younger, make us feel old now? I never felt this way in college when I was boating! I sure had fun when I was doing it, but I feel so dreadfully old now!

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~