College Shoes

When I think back to college I do remember the sort of shoes I wore back then. This was in the early 1980's, so prep, punk rock and disco were in. When I was preppy I wore espadrilles, when I was doing out dancing under all those disco balls on the weekends I wore heals and when I was in school, I lived in those flat cloth chinese mary janes. I loved those shoes. I wore them day in and out. So did everyone else. They were less than $20 and so comfortable.

Comfort was key in those days to get us through all that studying. After 4 years I had a degree and was thinking about grad school. I did put that off after deciding to go to work. I wish now I had not. I should have gone right on and did it all at one time. They say hindsite is 20/20. Well, I still have the opportunity with an online degree program.

I have been reading about the masters program at Capella University. It is an established school that has been around for 15 years or more. They offer 82 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 16 certificate programs. So there will be many options to choose from. Instead of wearing my mary janes, I can wear my bathrooms slippers! With the program since it is e-learning I work from home when ever I want. The time is up to me.

As an adult learner, this program would be perfect as it would allow me to balance home, work and school. In addition, it will be changing my future as an advanced degree will open more financial doors and career opportunities than I have now. I would be able to download assignments, read notes and contribute to class discussions all by way of my computer or laptop. What could be easier than that? Don't wait! Make the move. Go on and get that degree. I really think that is the way I am headed for this fall. At least part time to begin on my masters. I have waited way too long to get started.

“This (or “the following”) blog post was (or “is”) based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, please visit Blogitive.com.”


What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~