Slow Cooked Macaroni and Cheese

Slow Cooked Macaroni and Cheese
Carnival of Recipes

This is a recipe that I love to make in the winter time. It is down home comfort food. I plan to make some late this evening for dinner on tomorrow. One of my coworkers made this for a luncheon and it was the hit out of all the food there. He did not use the tomatoes. Just all the other ingredients. I have made it with and without the tomatoes. It is still yummy! As one of my friends likes to say, "It is slap your momma good!" Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained, rinsed with hot water (about 3 cups cooked macaroni)
  • 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
  • 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery

PREPARATION:

In a slow cooker, combine macaroni, bacon bits, onion, undrained stewed tomatoes, and Cheddar cheese. Pour mushroom soup over top. Mix well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 - 8 hours. Mix well before serving.


What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~