I WANT TO BE HERE! DON'T YOU?



Click pic to save it. (calgon take me away!)







Let me say that I am envious of a friend of mine whose shoes are going to the Bahamas on a cruise on Monday. My shoes have been on 2 trips to the Bahamas in the past-one a cruise and one trip I flew over by plane. We had to transfer to several planes, the last one just like the plane on Fantasy Island that lands on the water. Who can forget those famous lines, "Boss--the plane, the plane!" before it lands and the guests are welcomed to Fantasy Island. Boy did I ever have a crush on Ricardo Montalban. I loved that tv show.





I just wish it were me. I go to Disney World in 3 days for a week but it does not compare to a cruise.



I did make a request that his shoes hunt everyday for White Witch perfume. It is out of this world! You can only get it overseas and I have stocked up whenever I have gone or have known of someone who is going. This is my change. I have not had any in 5 years. It is in every shop in the Bahamas. It is made by Parfums Jamaica. You can order it on line. Reasonably priced also!



Why is it such a haunting, bewitching fragrance? Well check out the story behind White Witch. It will make you want to buy some. It does smell wonderful!





Annie Palmer was the white witch that lived at Rose Hall. This is an short passage taken from a guidebook about Rose Hall. Annie apparently developed the fragrance to keep her victims under her spell.

"....Rose Hall great house, the most famous in Jamaica. It is a Georgian Mansion with a stone base and a plastered upper storey, high on the hillside, with a fantastic panorama over the coast. Built in the 1770s, Rose Hall was restored in the 1960s to its former splendour, with mahogany floors, interior windows and doorways, paneling and wooden ceilings. It is decorated with silk wallpaper printed with palms and birds, ornamented with chandeliers and furnished with mostly European antiques. There's a bar downstairs and a restaurant.

Rose Hall is most famous for the story of its mistress Annie Palmer, who came here in 1820, and the fanciful legends of underground tunnels, bloodstains and hauntings. A renowned beauty, Annie Palmer was widely feared as a black magician, and she is also supposed to have dispatched three husbands (by poison, by stabbing and then pouring boiling oil into his ears, and by strangling) and innumerable lovers, including slaves, whom she simply killed when she was bored of them. She was 4ft 11ins high and was murdered in her bed. There is little evidence to support the legend, an amusing version of which was written up by H. G. de Lisser in his "White Witch of Rose Hall", though maybe you'll be convinced by the ghostly faces that appear in photographs taken by tourists...."