Computer Problems!!!

I have been plagued by computer problems for the past week or two. I cannot get connected to the Internet. I have AOL and for the life of me I keep getting that error message “ the network failed to respond properly.” I have done the AOL trouble shooting procedure about 8 times. I have had AOL redetect my modem and finally on yesterday I called AOL

I got a foreign sounding man which makes me think that AOL is doing what my company is doing...outsourcing the computer technical team. My company has outsourced our computer help desk to Ireland. It was in India about 2 years ago, now it is Ireland. Can you even begin to understand people in Ireland on the phone??? Hell No! At work you have to have them repeat what they just said about 2-3 times because the accent is so strong.

Well, my foreign AOL man and I began to go through all the things I had done to correct the problem. I had done everything correctly. So he decided that he wanted to clear out the old connectivity things I had done in hopes that the computer would magically connect to AOL with a fresh start. So he walked me through the steps to get to the AOL connectivity folder via the control panel. I even got a case number. He said that hopefully when I tried to log onto AOL now, it would happen.

I ended my call with him and with baited breath, I logged onto AOL. It went through about 27 tries. I tried again and again for the next 2 hours last night and still I cannot get logged onto the Internet from home. What to do? It is seriously hampering my ability to blog.

Here I sit at work with Finishing Shoes pretty close by and other managers walking all around me. I am trying to secretly get this typed and cut and pasted from a word document into my blog. This is not so good. All I want to do is kick AOL in the butt with a diamond buckled shoe. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. (FYI…I did virus scans and ran the defragment program also to be sure I had no viruses and to be sure I was running at top computer speed.)

This may it for today as far as posts! I am obviously wearing a pair of bad luck computer shoes.




What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~