Carnival of the Recipes: Balsamic Bleu Chicken Salad



Last weekend I took dirty Fila out to lunch and we went to Atlanta Bread Company. It is one of her favorite places to go. I had something new that I had not had before called the Balsamic Blue Salad. It was out of this world GOOD! As soon as I got home I had to recreate that salad with chicken added . NowTHAT is a meal. As I am only making this for mainly me, I have not really measured. Just made it up to eat a lunch or for my dinner. dirty Fila is not a fan of balsamic vinegar. Here is my recipe.. no measurements but who really needs measurement to make a good salad whether it be for 1 or 4? Enjoy. I have eaten this everyday this week.


Balsamic Bleu Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

  • Field Greens or the Spring Mix prebagged salad
  • Crumbled Bleu Cheese
  • Walnut Pieces
  • Granny Smith Apples Slices
  • Sliced Tomato
  • Red Onion
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
  • 1/2 cup Cooked Chicken

In a large bowl place salad greens. Add all the other ingredients except chicken. Toss well. Sprinkle chicken on top. Add just a touch more balsamic viaigrette if needed.


What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~