Shoes: A Step Away From Home

Well tonight was a first. It was dirty Filas very first sleep over at a friends house-her friend Jen who she has been best friends with since kindergarden. They have been together in every class until last year. Jen's mother said they were going to watch movies, go to church in the morning and then go to the water park in the afternoon and she would be back around 3:30.

My mom called all worried because it was her first night away from home. dirty fila and Jen have gone out to public places..many over the years. I have taken them out and Jen's mother has taken them places. My mom said that last year dirty Fila told her that she had a boyfriend. That consisted of having a crush on a boy in her class and that was all. They are only 12...just turned 12. Last year they were 11. I told my mom there was noting to worry about. This year Jen has changed schools. Her mom has placed her in a christian school because her grades were not so good last year. This school has less competition according to her mom. Jen and dirty Fila do miss each other, but they call each other all the time. So all is good.

Free time! What did I do with myself tonight? Well it was supposed to be a Barnes and Noble evening...all books and java chip frappuccinos! Well, as I made my way to Barnes and Noble, I got side tracked. I ended up at the mall. I found a wonderful indigo sweater on sale for winter which I had to have and then I just happened to pass Bath and Body Works and low and behold they were having a sale! What is a girl to do? Buy! Buy! Buy! (Is that anything like tora! tora! tora!)

Well the antibacterial soaps were 3 for $10.00 and the bath gels were $5 so I got some new and old scents that I love. Now, did you notice that I did not look at shoes. I did see some from afar but I contained myself. I did not even look for fear that my whole night would be spent at the mall. I wanted to relax so I flew out of the mall after that to go home to have a dinner of appetizers and some of my favorite music.

I feasted on blue cheese and panetini, thick layers of pesto on panetini and washed it down with a Beringer Merlot 2002. For dessert I had 2 biscotti and pecan coffee! Boy was that good! For my ears I listened to my favorite celtic cd, Lord of the Dance. Warriors is my favorite song. Seems like with that italian dinner, I should have listened to Amici. I did start off with that but needed something with a little more speed and just a little more beat.

Update on AOL. Still having computer problems on and off. Hopefully that will all be fixed by the end of next week. I am changing my ISP.

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~