Outside in her Slippers?

I saw a woman today taking out her garbage in her slippers.

It may be that she was wearing a designated pair of outdoor slippers, as I do when I take out the garbage (my official chore in my parents' house), but it is more likely that she, like so many people was outside in indoor slippers.

Bad idea. The point of wearing slippers, besides comfort (there are some other kinds of shoes that are just as comfortable), is to keep the home cleaner. Going outside in slippers just defeats the object.

I used to wear a previous pair of slippers outside. Not only did it bring dirt in, but the soles wore out really quickly. That pair of slippers did not last long.

When I get my own home, I will have a pair of flip flops or old slippers at both the front and back door, ready for quick trips outside. Currently, I keep an old pair of slippers by the back door. However, my parents woudl never tolerate my leaving footwear by the front door. When my mother arrives with shopping, she expects me to rush out immediately in my slippers to help her. I cannot even remember what I do in summer when I am barefoot indoors. Probably rush for the nearest pair of shoes. Oh, well, it is her floor and she can dirty it if she wants. I just hope the dirt comes off my slippers before I reach my bedroom.