My Summer Sandals

I took a look around in my closet and realized that the only shoes I owned for 2 inches and higher and heeled. I have no flats at all of any kind. I had a pair of old flip flops that I had about 4 years ago. I threw them out and decided to go shopping over the past 2 weeks for flat shoes. Not so much nice flats for summer dressing but really casual. All my shoes are dress heels. All my sandals are dress sandals with 2-3 in heels. Heels do not work for long distance walking. I have had to walk far distances lately and those heels are not working.

I have even taken to walking in the flats and then changing into the heels once I arrive at my destination. My flats fit into a large purse or my briefcase and noone knows the wiser. I still strut in with the best, highest shoes on! Bam! Heels are in the house!

So what have I purchased? Well, I guess I will start with the Uggs. These I love and they are my very first pair of Uggs. I have seen several pairs of the boots around in the winter but they are pink or purple. Can't buy those. These are very comfortable and they go just about with anything casual.



The next pair of shoes I got were on a whim. I was at Target with my child dirty Fila and she wanted a pair of flip flops. I am not to keen on flip flops for anyone but I did get her a pair. As we were leaving the aisle I spotted these and was struck by the "flip flop cuteness" of them. Well they screamed buy me. The rhinestone dressed them up so much that they make casual things almost dressy! I have worn them quite a bit now and they are a bit dingy. I think I will be getting another pair. This is really a fashion must have for summer. A big "yeeeessss" for the embellished glam flip flop!

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~