I don't get it...


Can someone please explain to me the reason for all the hype around this season's "most desirable shoe"?? I don't get it. It's way over priced, even for YSL, and its just not that cute. This shoe is sold out all over the country, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. To me it looks like a shoe that came to us in a time machine from 1999... like, I would have worn these to my senior prom. They are really kind of tacky. And I don't mean in that sexy tacky/prostitute Versace way. I mean tacky like, Cathy Jean or Nine West tacky. Yech.
Another reason I don't get this shoe is because of the way your toes look in it. That is just way too much toe for me. They're all spread out and yucky. Nobody wants their feel to look like Paris Hilton's! The foot shaped front of the shoe is just another yuck feature that pushes it over the edge. Maybe it would be cuter without?  I'm not sure why the far right picture has a girl wearing them with nylons. Who wears nylons with open-toed shoes??? But that's a whole 'nother Oprah. 
Anyway, if someone could please tell me why I should like these, I would appreciate it. Until then, I will sit here dumbfounded.