Betsey Johnson for Opening Ceremony!


So I was browsing my favorite blogs and saw a post by Kristin over at BleachBlack that reminded me that I never talked about Betsey Johnson's collaboration with Opening Ceremony! We recently had a design meeting and all got super excited about the crazy throwback collection's images and it just totally slipped my mind to write about it. DUH...

Anyway, fashion collaborations seem to be all over the place right now.
"Come on mom! Everyone's doing it!"

Betsey has teamed up with Opening Ceremony's Humberto Leon and Carol Lim for a 35-piece capsule collection called "Betsey Johnson Archive". The pieces have been pulled from her past collections and been updated with new fabrics, patterns, etc, for current trends.

Above are some of the most talked about looks, including the gorilla arm jacket that is definitely a conversation piece if nothing else. The rest of the collection hits Opening Ceremony and select Betsey Johnson stores this fall.

And if you didn't already believe that everything old becomes new again, Betsey has also launched a line called Vintage Betsey. Here's what Betsey Johnson had to say about it-

"After the 30 year retrospective at my last show, I realized how much I love all the old Betsey get-ups and the original "Betsey girl" style. I have been going through my archives and looking at everything I've done. The result has been total inspiration! I've fallen in love with my early work and just having it around me has brought in a flood of new ideas and crazy concepts.

So I'm thrilled to tell you that we will be launching a new line called Betsey Johnson Vintage!! Get ready for a snap tape and cotton/lycra wonderland! Tattoo designs, wild florals, and printed velvet are making a comeback! I can't wait to share some of my favorite vintage styles with you!"

I love 80's looks and am glad that people like Betsey are going back to their fabulous 80's roots. I'm predicting shoulder pads and power suits. Yikes.
hahaha