The Eileen Shields

Manolo says, here is the article on the shoe designer Eileen Shields who used to work for the Donna Karan.
Any woman who finds herself nodding her head in happy agreement at the mention of flats ought to go take a look at Shields's shoes, STAT. Though the designer's line, now entering its third season, is rich in pumps, the standout item is the 'Juliette,' a round-toed flat with contrasting t-strap; available in a few different colors, they're the kind of shoes committed pedestrians love to the point of destruction. And even Shields's princess heels, such as the sling-backed 'Ameli' and 'Maria' mary jane, offer merely the suggestion of the soigne high-heeled silhouette, while hewing forgivingly low to the ground.



"It's not like I launched the line because I couldn't find any flats out there I liked," Shields notes, "but if it's a niche that works for me, I guess I'm glad to fill it." She laughs again, adding merrily: "I don't know. This is only my third collection; I'm still figuring out what 'Eileen Shields' the brand is all about. I have some ideas, but It's going to take a few more seasons before I can say for sure. For now, I'm just a cobbler, really."

Eileen Shields  Ameli   Manolo Likes!  Click!

Manolo says, the Manolo he very much likes the shoes of the Eileen Shields, the are good looking and fun, and have the understated, eccentric sensiblity that the Manolo finds refreshing. They are indeed super fantastic.