Going to the Gym

The shoe that fits one

person pinches another;

there is no recipe for living

that suits all cases.

~~Carl Gustav Jung~~

I finally joined the gym today.  I really needed to.  This is the biggest I have ever been.   I did 3.5 miles today.  I walked 1.5 and did speed walking up an incline for 2 on the treadmill.   I have always been a member of a gym--in my younger years and was te work out queen.  After children  and working very long hours I hae become most sedentary over the last 8 years.  But no more!  The gym will be a ritual at least 3 times per week. 

At work today I had 2 pieces pf cake fopr breakfast.  Scotish shoes who speaks some sort of brogue that is understandable at times, just got divorced and  brought in 2 wonderful cakes in celebration for the office.  One was a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.  The other was a red velvet.  They were to die for.  For lunch I came home and had "little" healthier lunch.  It was a small boneless porkchop and a few slices of brie cheese.  Brie is my cheese of choice.  Give me a wheel of brie(5 pounds) and it can--no will --- be gone in 24 hours.   I cannot eat enough Brie!  Instead of grilled cheese sandwiches at times, I have grilled brie croissants instead!  Heaven.

For dinner I did much better.   A large salad of mixed spring greens, bean sprouts, cucumbers and aged balsamic vinagrette salad dressing.  And of course...a small sprinkling of chedar cheese on top.  Drink of choice was a 1.5 liter of Aquafina water.

Tomorrow I plan to get up and go to the 9am aerobic class.  I might not make it to the end but I will try and if I cannot make to the end will just jump on the treadmill.  I need to loose about 4 dress sizes.  I am a 16 now and need to be a 12.  I have all my 12 clothes.  I refused to get rid of them.  I only have classic styled clothes so they are still in fashion.  Fad clothing does not work in the office. 

I need new shoes for working out.  Tonight during my work out I was Avia, blue and white striped.  I am about 2 years old and my support is going.  I was first before Spaulding walk/run because it was discovered on yesterday that the bottom soles on Spaulding walk/run are worn out and have a hole in each sole.  Bye bye spaulding walk/run!  It was a good run but you are going to the big round file in the kitchen to g0 out in tomorrow's trash.

I did get on the scale just so I could have a point of reference.  That dreaded scale read 235  . That is the biggest number I have ever seen!  One day at a time and one class at a time.  It will take time to get off but it did not go on in a  day either.