Happy Blogoversary to Me!

Yay, yay, yay, yay!!!! I must say I can hardly believe it. A Girl's Guide to Shoes turn 1 today. Never in my wildest imagination did I fathom how truly enjoyable this experience would be. I don't want to get carried away but I do want to say a few quick things.

First and foremost a big "Thank You!" is in order. Thank you to all of you. Especially those of you who are subscribers and followers and those of you who visit the blog on a daily or regular basis. Without you there would be no A Girl's Guide to Shoes.

Also a HUGE thank you goes out to my commenters. I appreciate you all SO much. You have no idea how excited I get when I see someone has left a comment. It's all about this silly sense of self-validation. It's like wow. They liked what I like. Keep em coming. And for all of you lurkers out there speak up every once in a while. I would love to hear from you!'

Finally I am truly grateful for the friendships and connections I've made. I heart all my fellow fashionistas and shoe lovers and blogging cohorts and hope that one day we're able to meet face to face and go shoe shopping, of course!

Okay on to the good stuff. My first contest! Brought to you by chickdowntown.com! If you aren't already familiar with chickdowntown.com then you should be. This is a fabby fab website that has a deeelightful selection of designer dresses. I especially love the Bora Bora dress by What Comes Around Goes Around; a vintage-inspired contemporary line that includes a variety of pieces from tunics and flowy blouses to adorable summer dresses.

Now thanks to the wonderful generosity of the staff at chickdowntown.com you can be the lucky owner of this tres delicious scarf by Tolani Scarves. Ugh. So wishing I could get in on this.


To win just leave a comment telling me how you would style this pretty little piece. I will pick a winner using the random number integer (seems the most fair) and then "Voila!" the scarf is yours. The contest runs from today through Wednesday, June 25. Valid for US residents only. Good luck!

If you are loving chickdowntown as much as I am then be sure to follow Amy the owner on twitter and if you're on facebook join their fan page here. Apparently Amy loves to giveaway giftcards and lots of other free stuff.