The Evil One Speaks

Manolo says, many of the Manolo's friends they have asked the Manolo, "Manolo, why do you hate the Lagerfeld?"



The answer to this it should be explanitory to the self: the Lagerfeld he is the pure evil.



However, if you are still doubting this, here is the article on the evil of the Lagerfeld from the Telegraph newspaper.
[Fat] is, I have heard, a touchy subject. Mr Lagerfeld is the designer who, to the astonishment of the haute couture world, recently designed a collection for H&M, the Swedish high street label which sells dresses to the masses for an average price of £60 - significantly less than the cost of an haute couture buttonhole.



Days after the launch he berated the company for committing the cardinal fashion sin: making his clothes in sizes large enough to fit all their customers.



"What I didn't like was that certain fashion sizes were made bigger," he said afterwards. "What I created was fashion for slim, slender people." Vowing never to work for the company again, he sniffed: "The incomprehensible decisions made by the management in Stockholm have removed any desire I had to do something like that again." Since the average British woman is a size 16, H&M was horrified and asked Lagerfeld to apologise. He did not.



[...]



Black is also very slimming, I say, still hoping to draw him on the H&M spat. Mr Lagerfeld seems unruffled, although he admits that being fat is "not nice".



"Those who are undisciplined become fat. There is something distasteful about their inability to control themselves. To be thin takes control and rigour," he says.



His evident reluctance to be drawn any further on the subject suggests that he is trying to stay out of trouble.



[...]



He insists the marriage [of his company with Tommy Hilfiger] will not affect his work as chief designer for Chanel and Fendi. "And America is buzzing at the moment, I love its creative energies," he says.



Big market, I agree, but also big people.



"Yes, it is true, America is a country full of big fat people," he concedes.



"People come in all shapes and sizes. I was against big once, but not now."



This strikes me as contradictory, but I suspect that beneath the carefully maintained façade of grandeur there's an acute financial pragmatism.



Lagerfeld may claim to tolerate all shapes and sizes, but he certainly doesn't accept his own. Three years ago he lost six of his 16 stone in little more than a year - now he doesn't allow his weight to go above nine-and-a-half stone. He is wasp-waisted, although I notice the swell of a slightly rounded tummy above his Hedi Slimane (Dior Homme) trousers.



"No, I am not horrified at how I once looked," he says. "That was in the past." (This is a favourite, oft-repeated phrase. Lagerfeld uses it when he does not wish to discuss something.)



"I just wanted a different look, to wear Hedi Slimane's narrow-cut clothes. So I dieted. I now eat only steamed fish, steamed vegetables, lots of fruit. Some meat.



"I have breakfast at eight, lunch at 1pm. I eat because otherwise I would faint. But I don't much care for it. It is rigorous but, no, I am not a control freak." There is nothing, he insists, that he craves. And he never cooks.



At Christmas he will have his usual fare, no unwanted festive calories.



"It is a Saturday, a working day. It will be like no other. Christmas is for children, and I don't like children," he says.
Manolo says, the evidence for the evil of Lagerfeld, the greed and the hatred of the children and the fat people, is it not clear?