Flip Flops

Flip flops are definitely my favorite kind of footwear. As I am an administrator in a pretty casual office, I can wear them to work these days.

I expect a lot of people who want shoes-off in their homes like flip flops, as they are easy to put on and off and are minimal enough for people who like being shoeless. The only disadvantage is that in very wet weather, your feet can get muddy and you need to wash them after coming in.

I did wonder if flip flops had gone out of fashion. A couple of years ago, people seemed to be wearing them all year round, even in winter. However, among girls, they seem to have been overtaken by ballet pumps and Ugg boots. Nevertheless, I saw quite a few people wearing flip flops today. This probably had a lot to do with the glorious spring weather we had. We British really relish the change in season. I suspect as the weather warms, many girls will find flip flops a lot more comfortable than ballet pumps.

I have mentioned before that the popularity of flip flops and sandals today shows that most people are not embarassed any more about their feet. It seems doubtful that many people would mind being asked to remove their shoes.