Hooked in Amsterdam: Date Week. Adventures in Water.

Hooked in Amsterdam: Date Week. Adventures in Water.

Another American moans about the Swedish custom of removing shoes. Strangely, Americans in Asian countries seem to accept the custom of removing shoes and don't tend to complain about it. Yet many Americans seem uneasy about it in Scandinavian countries. Maybe because they do not expect to meet the custom prior to going there.

She mentions the practice of removing shoes in swimming pool locker rooms. I think that is a really good idea. They ought to do it in swimming pools here, but I don't think it would occur to the English mind so easily. I mentioned before that I was so surpised years ago when I was required to remove my shoes before entering a shower room at a caravan site in France. I was really uncomfortable about it at the time.