You Are My Friend...





















I am singing Pattie Labelle's song "You are my friend". (sing it with me!)

The alterations lady that is...lol. You know how people make friends with hairstylists...not me. I must have my tailor on my team at all times. If you look at the dress above, I had the dress shortened to right above the knee. Can you see what a nip here and tuck there can do? Remember that I got this dress from GOODWILL...A Neiman Marcus dress at that.

What is the saying? Someone's trash is the next man's treasure? Yeah...SCORE! I absolutely adore every single thing about this dress. The full sleeves, the buttons, the pattern, the pockets! It has pockets!!! LOVE IT! I had the tailor use the scraps from the bottom of the dress to make a belt/sash/occassional headscarf!













The above dress is my Nurse Jackie look (Mocha Trina gave me that name:) Remember this came from Good Will too. Instead of making it super short, I had it taken in around the hips and knees into a pencil skirt. I love the fit of this uniform...I wish I could find a black one. I would rock the heck out of a black uniform. I threw on silver pumps and a scarf just to give you an idea of how I am trying to de-uniform the look:)












Lastly, I confess. I went back to Goodwill. How could I not? It's my new obsession. I feel like this is my week to thrift. I even literally discovered 3 additional thrift stores in my area completely by accident. It's as if God wants me to thrift! Is that going too far? Probably. Anywho, I picked up this dashiki at Goodwill for $4.99.

Yes, it can be a little too Power to the People or Ebay from Good Times (gotta be a true Good Times fan to know who that is), but I saw potentional in it.


I am really into prints these days and usually am drawn to ethnic prints. I immediately thought that I could turn this into an ecclectic professional look. I think I succeeded. I went through my closet and found a pencil skirt and some old pumps for my loyal readers!

I just wanted to show that you can pull off a look if you mix and match. Thrifting is my new obsession!














Shoes w/pink dress- Karen Scott pumps (got these atleast 5 years ago
Shoes w/Nurse Jackie dress-Silver pumps by Calvin Klein via Ross
Shoes w/dashiki- Nine West weaved shoes (They are torture to wear so they stay in the closet)

Belt w/Nurse Jackie dress-Scarf from Target (2 years ago)
Skirt w/Dashiki- Nine West via Ross (last year)
Belt w/Dashiki-Vintage aka can't remember

Jacket w/Dashiki- Banana Republic Wool Cropped Jacket (about 5 years old)

ps....Do not Right Click on my pictures! And please send a link back to this site if you choose to reference something you see here...thank you:)