Signed...Sealed...Delivered (almost)....

So, I went dress shopping out of the blue again. I went last year and picked my dress and for the most part, I made peace with my decision. I would randomly peek at a dress here and there on the internet but felt pretty confident that the search was over. That doesn't ever stop us from looking, does it:)

I made a trip back to the bridal shop where I was pretty intent on putting down a deposit to order my dress....of course, I had to see what was new while I was there.

I am not a huge fan on trying on clothes in general but I have definitely learned that with bridal shopping, it's a whole new ballgame. So I picked about six new dresses that caught my eye and of course I brought along the one that I was just seconds away from ordering.

On the way to the fitting room, with six dresses over my shoulder, I walk past the bridesmaid dress aisle and see this ivory little frock hanging out of place. It immediately caught my eye! I thought to myself..."Self, grab that dress because that looks like it might be cute."

So, I threw that dress over my shoulder and proceeded to the fitting rooms. I tried on a few pretty dresses but none that trumped my "original" dress...the dress that was the sole reason of my trip to the bridal ship in the first place.

I took a few pictures but didn't feel too connected to any of them because the dresses were ridiculously priced...even for me...and everyone who knows me know that I will forfeit a week's meal for a cute dress.

So, right before I tried on my "original" dress just to make sure that it still made me squeal, I threw on the bridesmaid....and HOLD THE PRESSES!!! I freaking loved it! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! It was so totally me! It embodied my attitude completely and I felt all at once absolutely myself but waaaaaaaayyyyyy better looking!

Was I about to really throw my "wedding dress" to the side for something a little less traditional? Surely not right?

So, I pranced and danced and strutted across the bridal floor and took pictures. I had to try on the "original baby" on. I couldn't very well give my attention to something else. WRONG. I put on the dress and granted I still loved it...but it didn't express completely who I am as a person....so long story short...I went with my first mind and changed dresses officially.


I could not be any happier! It is super fabulous and I can't wait to wear it! Therefore, I can share with you the original dress that almost made the cut.

The saleslady took my measurements for the NEW IT dress and of course pressured me to make a deposit. I almost did, but decided to wait one more day....and I am sssssssooooooo glad that I didn't!


I went online last night to just find a picture of the new IT dress and low behold what did I find? I found the same dress literally about 80 bucks cheaper if I ordered online. What is this? My wedding dress will be under 200 bucks and not get charged all those bridal shop fees...SAY WHAT!?!

So, this makes me happier than a jitterbug (I'm from the south:) So, I have purchased my dress and have alot more cash to play with for some fab shoes...my dress is short, so shoes must be off the hook! This means I officially have a dress for a fraction of the price and I feel like I am not compromising anything at all! That's a win, win situation if you ask me. This was literally first purchase or action made toward the wedding. It was a commitment but one that I will not lose one momen of sleep debating.

And the fact that I get to be a sassy bride for a fraction of the price makes my heart sing Jesus songs! Plus, I never really wanted to feed into the "wedding machine" where I am walking around in a million dollar frilly dress that I will never wear again.

(Don't get me started on the "big business" of weddings...do you really need a program at the wedding? Must I waste your time watching me poor sand in a bottle to signify our union? Why can't the bridesmaids walk down the aisle with a fabulous clutch purse in their hands instead of some flowers that will die? Do you really feel I am less than a bride if we don't do the whole "get the garter off my leg" bit? I think not...but that's a post for another day...possibly for another blogsite....I digress...)

With that said, I can officially reveal THE DRESS that is no LONGER THE DRESS. It is the larger picture in the 4 framed box. It was an Allure dress with the black sash that was a little over 600 bucks I think. TSK TSK...now that I got an even better dress for alot less. I threw in a few other pics of my dress fittings for fun. I won't post pictures of THE NEW WINNER Dress for obvious reasons but just know that I am so channeling the Carrie Bradshaw in me!

P.S...I even found the exact dress that I longed for in a previous post...didn't feel as great on me but it did confirm my love for the bolero.