Stepping Outside of My Shoe Box

With so many style mavens out there cataloging their day-to-day wear it's difficult to read their blogs and not feel inspired. Ugh if I had half that fashion chutzpah when I was their age... These girls are fierce and they are mere teenagers. Well this thirty something says "Hat's off" and thank you. Thank you to Fashion Toast and Sea of Shoes for not being afraid to get out there and for not giving a shit. I could never pull off what they wear and I would never want to copy someone's style. But what I can do is garner inspiration and if I'm going to garner inspiration anywhere it's going to be with shoes.

So here I am. Stepping waaaaaaaaay outside of "my shoe box". Now, let me tell you what's going to happen. In the next few days I will be posting a selection of shoes I am considering to help me in my endeavor. You can love them or hate them but guess what? No matter what your opinion I'm going to put it all out there and just not give a shit. Please don't take that last comment the wrong way ; ) I'm stepping outside of my box people. This is what happens.


Introducing - choice #1. The more and more I've looked at these, the more and more I've grown to love them. These hit just about every hot trend for the season. The lace up, the bootie like shape. But I must say I find them oddly appealing. I think my husband will absolutely hate them. No matter. He's going to hate all of the shoes I will be posting over the next few days. The leather on these looks so sumptuous and soft and I can just imagine my brightly painted and pedicured toes peeking out of these once the weather turns warm.