Wanna Meet Christian Louboutin?


I just got my invite in the mail and I'm going! :) You guys should come if you're in the area. Wouldn't that be fun?? A Shoe Girl field trip?!

Yesssss.

Anyway, He'll be at the Louboutin boutique @ South Coast Plaza on Tuesday, Feb. 24th from noon to 4pm.
I met him once a few years ago and he was great. You can have him sign your shoes or whatever and he's seriously adorable.

I'm thinking I should pick up the "sexy ice cream" ones. Hehe.

Along with my invitation was a little insert telling about Louboutin's collaboration with the world renowned embroiderers Jean Francois Lesage. They are previewing their limited edition Marie Antoinette capsule collection, and they say "Each shoe is a work of art and exquisite blend of sculpture and fine embroidery in a wearable classic Louboutin evening silhouette."
There are only 36 pair that exist in the world, and each shoe is stamped with a limited edition number. Each pair will be sold in a special box with accompanying book.  




The shoes will retail for $ 6,295 and will debut February 23 at the South Coast Plaza boutique and on February 26 on the East Coast at the Madison Avenue boutique. I'd think that we would get the second shipment, as New York is so much radder than our Orange County... but I guess not.

I obviously won't be buying these shoes. Firstly, Ben would murder me- collect on the insurance and then sell the shoes on ebay (and finally get those damned countertops).  
Second, I'd never in good consience wear them out. Ever. 

I find it interesting that in such crazy economic times, there would be $6000+ shoes. I mean, it's kind of an F-U to those of us struggling to pay our mortgages, right? But... that's what we love about our fashion icons I suppose. Their never wavering middle fingers they all seem to be throwing up at us.