Catching Up...


Hopefully, everyone celebrated the Birth of Jesus in style:)


Here is an outfit that I've remixed ALOT over the last week. I wore this top as a dress a few days before Christmas and the very next day I had to layer it with tights/boots/cardigan/scarf and a coat! That's Texas weather for ya'.I am really loving these basic Calvin Klein heels.
I tied an old scarf from H & M to the handle of my vintage bag to spice it up. I tried to get a close up of the graphics of the top/dress...basically images of people from Woodstock apparently enjoying themselves a little too much. I searched for one black face in the crowd but alas, me "wearing" the shirt will just have to count:) LOL!


Apparently, a deep conversation with a 9 year old about a Snuggie being a gimmick got me this Snuggie for Christmas. It's from one of my favorite 9 year olds in the world and I must admit...I LOVE IT! LOL. Granted, I still say it's just a robe worn backwards but I must admit that it keeps me warm. I'm wearing it as I type this post.

I am going to have to research these Snuggie people and figure out how they brainwashed the whole country! From the Snuggie to a little piece of happiness in a BLUE BOX (thank you Santa) to Scrabble Playing Cards...I had a blessed Christmas.



Happy New Year just in case I don't post for a few days:)

WAIT...One more thing! I met up with a GFS follower! Benita, a follower in pharmacy school in Austin, Texas contacted me about places to vintage shop in Houston. I offered to meet her because let's face it....I thought only my family gets bored enough to read my banter (and by read, I mean look at the pictures only...BUSTED!)

We decide to meet and of course I catch a cold from hell. I wasn't well enough to shop with her but I did show her the ropes! Even the people who worked AT the store looked at me like I was crazy! I was totally having a Rachel Zoe Moment:) Benita and her tres chic friends came to check out a few of my secret spots and I snapped a pic of Benita as proof (Isn't she adorable)! Bold

One of her friends, Melanie, is a blogger too, so this ultimately turned into my FIRST Blogger Meet up!

**Don't be fooled by my big smile...as I waited for the ladies to meet me, I was dozing off in the car as some remnants of NyQuil decided to take effect. Right after that picture was taken, I went back into my "coma". Ladies, the next time you come into town...I promise to be ALERT! From what I heard though...they got along fine without me and found some cool items!**