Respect the Outfits: You Being You

Isn't it a great thing when we can put together an outfit that is stylish, chic and instantly puts us at ease? Something that not only looks good but conveys confidence at a glance? Welcome to this month's Respect the Outfits reader feature - all about YOU lovely ladies wearing what you love.

These are the outfits that these lovely fella readers have selected to represent who they are sartorially (right now at least) - because as you gals have already told me, it's our perogative to change our style!

Please read on and check out these beautiful ladies just being their chic, unique selves:

♥  Lauren from Small Talk, à la simple yet chic.

Anthro Apothecary skirt / Anthro Aviatrix Tee / Anthro cuff / Anthro Dearie Me wedges / Diana Warner earrings / Palabra Designs necklace

♥  Jessica from Monster Cakes: This picture perfectly captures me because I am a bit geek chic (hence The Great Gatsby shirt and glasses), but I'm also girly and not afraid to embrace both sides. Yey for nerds. : )


♥  Lisa from Sweet Laundry Loves, à la sophisticated and classy with a bit of a twist.

Striped Dress: Jacob / Tights: Hue / Shoes: Nine West / Bracelet: Ann Taylor / Sunglasses: Miu Miu

♥  Stephanie from Bar Chic: I think this is definitely me being me! I think of my style as being floaty and feminine, but also fairly relaxed, so I picked a girly dress and paired it with some casual flat sandals. I'm also being classically "me" here in the sense that the first thing I do when I put on a dress like this is give it a twirl!

Dress: Anthropologie Gull Wing Dress / Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft / Necklace: Kate Spade Twirl Necklace /
Shoes: Seychelles Cream of the Crop Flats

♥  Gigi from Gigi's Gone Shopping, à la modern + classic w/bright pops or touches of sparkle.

Jacket: J Crew 2010 / Blouse: Anthro 2010 / Necklace: J Crew 2010 / Jeans: J Crew 2010 / Shoes: J Crew 2008

♥  EE from Eek!, à la polished but comfy.

top: Anthro / skirt: Old Navy / pumps: Jeffrey Campbell / sunnies: Dsquared / belt: Gap

♥  TG from La Petite Anthropologiest: This look is quintessentially because this whole look is repeated in my closet a lot. My look is always about SHAPE. Shapes are sensual. And I love to shape my body in bright colors and fitted clothes.The shoes with the buckle, the fitted pencil skirt soft white shirt: that's TG.

Top: Anthro Climbing Cowlneck / Earrings: Anthro / Skirt: Anthro san pedro skirt in / Belt: sash from the Anthro Tiny Windows Dress /
Necklace: Anthro / Shoes: GUESS

♥  modernmom from I Dream of Anthropologie: I LOVE pattern mixing, and wanted to copy the product image from the catalog for this skirt. It used a pink plaid top, but I am not a big fan of that much pink. I love taking a risk with fashion, and being just outside the norm.

Shirt: J Crew Perfect Plaid / Skirt: Anthropologie Penciled Abronia / Belt: DKNY / Thrifted Shoes: Guess, DSW /
Bracelet: Anthropologie Omnifarious / Earrings: Dillards pearl hoops

 ♥  Rachel from Promises Like Pie Crust:

Anthro Verdant Slip Dress / Club Monaco cardigan / Hilary Druxman necklace / Miss Sixty Tracy shoes

♥  Jamie from Thrifty Threads: One of the things that I love about personal style is that it can be multi-faceted without being contradictory. Many of the outfits that I post on my blog incorporate beaded cardigans, pencil skirts, bright colors, and plenty of florals. I almost sent one of those signature "Jamie" outfits, but decided to send you a very different outfit: one that is more city sleek than suburban sweet. And I felt just as much myself in this look as I do in my usual assortment of ruffles and lace! I think it's wonderful that personal style affords us the opportunity to explore different aspects of ourselves every day, without requiring that we compromise our identities or chose any one aspect of our personality over another.

J. Crew Wave Tank / LOFT blazer / Hudson Collin jeans / Franco Sarto wedges / Talbots belt / Banana Republic necklace / Kate Spade bag

♥  Tara from Mix and Match Fashion, à la colorful.
 
Blouse: LOFT / Cardigan: NY & Co / Skirt: J Crew / Shoes: Nine West

♥  Kelly from Fashion Fuel: I can't say I always adhere to one particular style, but I always feel my best when I'm wearing a skirt or dress. Plus, blue and green are two of my favorite colors, which makes this outfit one that truly defines me.
 
Esprit Tunic (worn as shirt) / Anthropologie Skirt & Belt / American Eagle Necklace / Jessica Simpson Shoes

♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

And here iz me in a very Me look and Lauren's skirt twin - bright colors, requisite stripes and a statement-y necklace:

IMG_5143

IMG_5156   IMG_5157

Top: J. Crew perfect boatneck (worn here before - similar here)
Skirt: Anthropologie Parameter apothecary (worn here before)
Necklace: Old Navy ethnic statement (now on sale - worn here before)
Shoes: Seychelles she's got the moves (worn here before)