Up in the Air

It's "there's no denying that summer has arrived" week in the SE as temps soar over the 90s Fahrenheit and are expected to stay there all week long. And as it is still technically May, this means that I have about 4-5 full months of back-sticking, shade-finding, mosquito-swatting, near hot-as-Hades weather to look forward to. Which means my hair is one low pressure dip away from a full-on asian fro, and that ain't gonna be pretty.

I've tried a ton of different "de-frizz" products, but so far a combo of Garnier Fructis Smoothing Cream mixed with Citre Shine Anti-Frizz Serum during my daily blowdry has kept my hair at bay without completely flattening it out, but I see the flyaways congregating, and they're starting to gain ground. Plus I feel like I'm lacking in that glossy shiny locks department - wasn't that supposed to be part of my "being an asian" package? So short of tying my hair in a big knot on the top of my head and leaving it alone until October or opting to buy hair spray by the case, how do you gals battle the summer time head frizz? Are there any specific products or "techniques" that work for you?

IMG_4790

IMG_4846  IMG_4885

IMG_4824

Top: LE Canvas gingham poplin (worn here before)
Skirt: Delicia eyelet via Alloy (worn here before - similar here, here)
Belt: Anthro city safari (worn here before - similar-ish here)
Bracelet: The PS Boutique via Etsy (worn here before - similar here)
Shoes: Seychelles ring in the new year (worn here before - similar-ish here, here)