When is it "Too Much?"

Believe me, it takes a whole lot of effort to look so blatantly disregardful of fashion trends, rules of color engagement, look like a nominee for the Big No list for Stacy and Clinton. Why, it wasn't only about a year ago where I was gracing the bloggy world with my pitifully mousy ensembles no need to look back, you'll be bored out of your mind and now here I am going out like a big smiling pattern-blind fashion-schizo:

IMG_5169   IMG_5162

I actually felt pretty good when I put these pieces together last night and didn't really bat an eye this morning when I threw everything together. Heck, I thought I even put together some as-fierce-as-I-can-be outfit pics and was all ready to post and go about my business when I caught a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror. That's when the big "Hmm..." hit.

Now I'm typically the first person to say that one of the fun parts of fashion is experimentation and trying new things - and heck, a bad outfit won't kill ya. But sometimes things just look a little off, a little bit like you're on the tip of Fashionable and you start teetering too far towards Tacky. There's a lot going on and sometimes more is not better (though don't tell Man Repeller).

So crazy babble short, I reassessed and this is what I ended up with:

IMG_5181   IMG_5190

When you put an outfit together, when do you consider yourself "done?" When do you consider an ensemble "overdone?" What have you put together yourself or have seen on others when you have thought "whoa, that's way too much?"

IMG_5183   IMG_5212

Jacket: Anthropologie Daughters of the Liberation cropped wisley
Necklace: Anthropologie gold finger
Top: Forever 21 (worn here before - similar here, white here, steal here)
Jeans: Banana Republic classic skinny (worn here before - similar here)
Shoes: Xhiliration by Target teanna (worn here before - similar here, luxe here)
Dress: Anthropologie Maeve slate stripes (worn here before - similar here)
Belt: UO Deena & Ozzy stretch (worn here before - similar here)
Shoes: Nine West patent temani (worn here before - similar peep-toe herehere)