McQueen Goes Extra Terrestrial

So I don't usually comment on fashion week or runway shows because, frankly, there are TONS of amazing fashion blogs that would do a better job than I. (Well Shod Well Informed, Style Bubble, Style Rookie, and Bryanboy to name a few)

But... BUT... this collection is just too amazing to keep my mouth shut about. The whole fashion world is abuzz with talk of how amazing McQueen looked in Paris.

I love how shockingly different this is. It's such a beautiful contrast to all the "safe" collections we have seen this season.
I can't help but wonder if these shoes were inspired by HR Geiger, because that's all I can think of when I look at it!

Anyway- I'll let the pictures do the talking...
(images via style.com)






This shape reminds me of a strange mix of sexy fetish footwear and alien like organic shapes. I'm half expecting the shoe to birth a litter of slimy creatures!

And look at that heel height!

The alien-esque hair and make up were outer worldly...




This grouping reminds me of robots or futuristic armor...






And finally- these shoes bring it home with a very "Geiger" feeling

...See what I mean?
What do YOU think?? I know few of us would actually wear these types of shoes but isn't it EXCITING to see such creativity?? Especially right now when it's so much easier to play it safe and be boooooring.
I feel like this is a collection that will be talked about for a long time to come. A piece of fashion history.