Hater Alert

I wore this outfit to work and had no less than 5 teachers (co-workers) do double takes. I think the polka dot tights did it. My audacity to wear fashionable tights in a sea of crocs and khaki's and sweaters with apples on them apparently ignited immediate haterism...and I loved every minute of it.

"Almost always" (you get the point), I can see a little cartoon bubble rise above said "haters" heads saying "Who does she think she is?"

And "almost always" I picture myself popping that bubble when I look over my shoulder just in time to make eye contact.

I usually whisper "Hi, Hater" to them in hopes that they can't read lips, then I do the HATER WAVE (ie...the Miss America Wave).





This top was actually a 70's floor length dress. The dress is 100% polyester so the likelihood of me having a heatstroke was inevitable if I wore it before the fall season. The dress unaltered was a little too Wulona from Good Times for me so I decided to nip and tuck the length.

I got it last year at a vintage shop and bought it strictly because of the nipped in waist detail and the sleeves. I waited a whole year for the temperature to drop to pull it out.. I think it looks 1000% better as a top than a dress. The tights were a last minute addition and judging by the many eyerolls from adults...the look was a hit!


By the way, I have become a one woman traveling papparazi team. Now, as I drive from here to there, I am always trying to spot new locations to "shoot". These photos were taken in front of a newly built home. It looked vacant to me so I went for it.

I liked the wooden garage doors, so I pulled over, hopped out of the car, and took quick pics and then vroom vroomed down the street. It's kind of a thrill, to see if I can get a good shot before someone shines a flashlight in my face. I have no life. This constitutes as fun these days. It's hard being your own photographer.


Do you have any haters on your job? You know, the ones that refuse to acknowledge your fabulousity?


In other news, I can't wait for this year to end. I'm over it already.