Black Out Challenge (Day 2)



No black today!! I am proud of myself. I will even venture to say that the color in my wardrobe might have encouraged me to put an extra dip in my hip when I walked today. My mom hooked me up with this leather jacket ...it only took a whole two seconds before I ripped out of her hands, ripped the tags off with my teeth and was on my way home to introduce it to the rest of my closet.
Speaking of challenges, I have a few other personal challenges that I've inflicted upon myself this week. First of all, I am not listening to any secular music for a week....straight gospel music in the car. Now, if I just happen to zone out while driving and Usher's Daddy's Home song comes on...and I started grinding in my seat...that's the only exception.
But in general, I could use some extra inspiration/motivation in these days. The songs on the radio are just getting plain stupid anyway, so it's not like I'm missing much. Plus, I get tired of looking like Oprah during worship service at church...singing along to songs when I KNOW I don't know the words! (don't act like you've never seen Oprah lip sync to songs that knows she has never heard before.)
I've also challenged myself to pack my lunch every day this week. Not only is it more budget friendly but it's healthier too. Besides, my students are tired of me collecting money from them like I'm taking up offering so I can buy a honeybun from the vending machine everyday. My all time low is when I busted one of my kids for eating in my class. I told her to bring her bag to me. When I saw that they were animal crackers, I told her she could eat them only if she shared them with me. Shameful! LOL.

Click here to check out my "Blog Godmother" (I just made that up just now!). Mish Dish is doing the Black Out Challenge with me. Try to hate her as much as I do for her ridiculous shoe and purse collection.
P.S. I'm friends with Oprah in my head...she is laughing as she reads this right now:) Love you O!