In the Green

I have this habit of looking like a shlump most of the time because I don't work in a typical office environment and don't have to deal with people face-to-face everyday. This means that my UPS guy no longer raises an eyebrow when I answer the door at 11:00 a.m. in jammies and this also means BF throws the standard going-to-die-of-hunger fit when we go out for dinner because sometimes I can't get my act together.

This blog is my act of beating shlump-hood by actually wearing all the stuff I've accumulated in my closet - and my act of being more courageous in my stylings by taking cues from other bloggers and life in general:
  • Wear color
  • Things don't need to match - then can go
  • You only live once - buy the shoes
  • Accessorize
  • Don't be afraid of silk
  • There's nothing wrong with looking pretty
  • Half a popped collar may be better than no popped collar  :o)
  • No shlumping allowed
So I'm going to still have missteps and major fashion fails (like yesterday's OOTD, which I promptly deleted about an hour after posting when realizing that it sucked in general and I looked like a major YAWN), but I'm going to keep trying to make it work.







Jacket: J. Crew wool herringbone
Blouse: Banana Republic silk green paisley
Belt: The Limited leather basketweave
Jeans: Levi's 545
Shoes: Nine West gray patent Temani wedges