My favourite chair...




Many a moment passed in this chair. It was my husband's grandmother's chair and it used to be tangerine orange. We had it as a nursing chair when both babies were born and we always remarked how many waking and frankly pretty uncomfortable hours were spent in that chair! It has side 'wings' that are just perfect for resting your head, so you get that all-important body stillness that lets the baby fall asleep and you doooooooze. So it was orange, milk stained, tired-looking and when nurseries turned to kid's bedrooms, I had it recovered in Vanessa Arbuthnott fabric (I have a real thing for Vanessa Arbuthnott...the fabric on my chair is called 'Flora').



Now the chair is back, looking almost like new, but with its vintage legs exposed. Still with all those memories, its been moved into my bedroom where I now use it to read in. Reading, is to me, a guilty pleasure (aren't there always a million other things that need doing other than reading a book, paper or magazine?). I force myself to sit, ponder, relax and I always think - how far we have come; this chair and I, now that the babies are grown but not grown up and I can reclaim pre-baby pastimes like reading...