80's nostalgia and boots...

I got such a hit of 80's nostalgia last night watching 'Adventureland' as 'Feels like Heaven' by The Cure played that it almost made me breathless. This is how nostalgia works with me. I live my normal 2010 life, very much in the moment and then suddenly a whiff of Shalimar perfume or the sound of a long lost Indie track or acknowledging the throw-back revival of certain clothing and it hits me. It takes me back. And I am there in 1988, aged 14, sporting Madonna leg warmers and crimping my hair.

Margarita Levieva in Adventureland

Back to 2010, laundry needs doing (kid's clothes not leg warmers), dishwashers need unloading (again and again like some sort of endless repetitive strain), life is happening. And despite my yearning for those utterly carefree days of youth and if I had a Bill and Ted-esque opportunity to go back to those days I just might, I find my present is all good. I think I am right where I want to be :-)

Along the way, is there a need in my life for some wedge boots like these? They are taunting me...'Lou, you haven't had anything like us before (not counting back in the 80's) you neeeed us, we will revolutionise your life'. It's hard to resist. I have the will power of a gnat...

Happy Monday!