Theresa's Wallpaper

When I was in elementary school, my family moved next door to a lovely older widow whose grown children lived scattered across the country. We all instantly meshed - my dad would help her around her house and us kids (i.e., me as my big sis was always conveniently absent) used to shovel her walk when it snowed. In return, she made us all sorts of treats and even sewed dresses for little ole 9 year-old Lisa. As a latchkey kid, she often invited me to her house after school and I would have tea with her in her living room - which to my little eyes was an ornate and grown-up fantasy land.

She loved to collect things and do crafts, so her living room was a testiment to her skills - embroidered pillows, cushions and artwork; porcelain Hummel dolls merticulously placed in a trio of floor-to-ceiling cherry and glass display cases; hand-sewn dolls lined a bookcase; her tea set was painted Chinaware; there were tassels and gilding and richness everywhere.

Miss Theresa was a lovely, and much loved, neighbor for several years before she decided to move to be closer to her daughter a state away. We continued to stay in touch with her and even took a few family trips to visit her. We were never forgotten during the holidays and care packages came for several years. She passed peacefully in her sleep around Christmas-time when I was in college.

This pattern really isn't my typical style but I was instantly reminded of our afternoon teas and my neighbor's ornate living room, the richness of her life. This is what her walls looked like, if only in my childhood memories.



Belt: UO Deena & Ozzy stretch (worn here and here before - similar-ish online here)
Tights: F21 (worn here and here before - similar online here and here)
Shoes: Vince Camuto Bronco (worn here before)

+++

Remember to send your outfits for tomorrow's Respect the Outfits post. This week, we're concentrating on your favorite outfits - what have you worn that has made your feel at your best? Whether it be a ballgown or a pair of cut-offs to go to the market, what have you rocked and loved? Shoot over your pic, along with your outfit credits and why you love your outfit (if you like) - send to respecttheshoes(at)live.com!