Vans!


This school year was a little different in that the only pair of shoes my child wanted was a pair of Vans. I had no clue what they were. I had not heard of that brand....as it turned out she wanted to go to Journeys in the mall and get a pair. She took me there and I learned all I ever needed to know about Vans. I was thinking they are more for the grunge look/type and as it turns out it is a skate shoe. I guess roller and skateboard skating. She wanted the purple plaid/checkerboard.


I was thinking that a more modest style or color would go with many more things. Then I began to think with Vans I guess it is not about matching but with just having a pair. So the purple checkboard pair was bought for her and she was happy as a clam! These are them and believe me when I say she loves them. Once I pretended that I was going to try them on and my feet are bigger than hers. Well...I was in fear that I would loose a toe! Hands off her VANS! She loves them and the more I look they are very interesting shoes. Good to wear with jeans. I may even get a pair and I will not be getting a solid color either! Vans! If they are good enought for my child, they are good enough for me!
The price was not too bad. I paid about $45 dollars for them. There seems to be a whole lifestyle of skating surrounding the Van name. I mean really...they gave bmx riders a camera and sent them on a trip. Okay. I can do that! Send me on a trip with a camera. It would be Vans from an older generation perspective!

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!

~~Aileen Mehle~~