That 70's Dress

I'm probably the last person in the Anthro blog community to try these dresses on, but I snagged them during this week's sale (plus one off Ebay) and wanted to get your opinion on whether or not I should keep one of them. Can you guess by my title which dress I'm questionable about?  ;oP

♥  Anthropologie Edme & Esyllte Sugar-Coated shirtdress (now on sale $59.95 - no longer online) : I took my true size in this and the fit was about right. What did I like? I like the colors are perfect for fall and winter, the comfort were great, the cotton fabric was not too heavy and skirt wasn't crazy full. The length was also good on my 5' 2" frame.

Things that I don't love about the dress? I wish it wasn't a spread collar, which makes me feel like I need to wear something underneath since I'm not exactly appreciatively endowed up high. Also, with the bodice area-only buttons and the side zip, it was strangely difficult to get out of - I guess my shoulders are pretty wide? I spent time more time than I wanted with the dress hunched right around my shoulders trying to undo the arm ties to get more leverage - big fun.

And the print ... I still can't figure out if I am in love with or hate the print. Half the time while wearing this dress, I was expecting Kelso and Hyde to come waltzing into my room holding out a doobie for me.

So what do you think - keep, or "blech" send this back?!



♥  Anthropologie Nell Couture June, July, August dress (now on sale $69.95): I've wanted this dress forever and thought it'd be June 2011 before it would finally go on sale. This is another comfy-as-heck knit pullover dress (with pockets!), but I have to admit to being a tad disappointed with the fabric when I got it - for the original price, I thought it'd be lined like the Perilla dress or at least a more substantial knit. However, this is one of those dresses I can probably pack into a ball for two days and still be able to pull out to wear. Keep!


♥  Anthropologie "Heck if I Know" dress from Moulinette Soeurs: I've never seen this dress before so I have no idea what it is called, but got it off Ebay recently. It is navy blue with a faint plaid pattern in deep red/brown and is lined in fuchsia. It is not stretchy, but has great ruched details along the sleeves and neckline. The fit is spot on for me, I can't wait to wear this dress for work!