Dress Up Dolls

When I was in New York I went to Barneys and was really excited when I saw this. Hand made rag dolls dressed in couture inspired outfits!
The dolls were so beautiful and the dresses were really like miniature versions of the real deal. Hand made with beautiful fabrics and all with unique hand painted faces.




 The McQueen ones were some of my favorites. I love the floral gown... so pretty.


 This one reminds me of Gaga




The original Nina Ricci dress that inspired the doll

So cool. Check out the artist's website for more info if you want. He even makes custom dolls if you've got the casholla!

I'm a big fan of dolls. I think I played with my Barbies until I was 13 or 14, secretly of course. I collect and customize Blythe dolls which I don't think I've ever blogged about, but if you check out my Flickr, you'll see my girls on there. :)

Here is one of my favorites. I cut her hair and changed her eyelashes and re-shaped her lips by carving them. I also painted her makeup and her eyes and changed her clothes.

IMG_3176


IMG_3274