Multiplication Tables

I'm a firm believer in buying multiples - if you find something that you love and works, heck yeah, you should buy it in different colors and iterations. Shoot, if you really love it, I'm even for buying more than one of the exact same thing.

I definitely live by what I "preach," and going through my wardrobe will find one stumbling through multi carbon copies of items that fit me well and I adore: Take the Roaming Frills cardi - I have it in red and blue, and think it is a great complementary piece to any dress or high-waisted skirt. Or the Lands' End Canvas gingham shirts - I have them in blue, navy and pink and they are my go-to button-down. And the Artisan by Clarks bow flats - rubber soles and cushioned insoles? How could I not get them in black ... and silver ... and red ... and peach even!

I know in the spirit of spending one's money on interesting and rare finds, buying multiples kind of takes away from the unique nature of each piece, especially since I'm not just refering to basics here. But I often have a hard time finding pieces that fit me well, so when I do come upon the fashion equivalent to love in a skirt or sweater and see it offered in different shades (which totally changes the mood of a piece!), how can I refuse the siren's song?

I can't be alone in thinking this way (or can I?). What do you think of buying multiples? And if you do it too, what items do you like to buy up and hoard in your closet as an act of "collecting?" And that definitely includes you, Pamela, and your teetering tower of tank tops! ;o)



Top: Anthropologie Guinever Roaming Frills cardigan (worn here before - similar online here or here)
Dress: Gap empire knit (similar-ish online here and here)
Belt: J. Crew metallic skinny (similar online here)
Tights: Forever 21 (worn here before - similar online here)
Shoes: UO Kimchi Blue wingtip heels
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft mesh chain (now on sale - worn here and here before)