Respect the Outfits (your favorite)

Don't you love it when an outfit just comes together? When whatever you have on makes your feel at your best and helps to make an already terrific day even better? This week's Respect the Outfits post focuses on just that - Your Favorite outfit. And here are the beautiful women who have shared their favorite outfit:

♥  Amy from kelinda.KELINDA: I wore this outfit back in June, before I even moved out of my parents' house! I loved it because of all the crazy patterns it had going on -- polka dots, stripes, studs, lace. It kept things interesting, that's for sure! And the fact that it also combined 3 of my favorite things to wear (pencil skirt, cardigan, belt) only made it that much better!

Top: sailing stripes blouse, anthropologie
Sweater: lace-trim cardigan, just ginger
Skirt: dotted skirt, j.crew
Shoes: striped wedges, lela rose for payless
Belt: studded leather belt, j.crew

♥  Peggy from She Hath Done What She Could:

Dress: Anthropologie Dagmar

♥  Kim from Anthroholic: Here's one of my favorite outfits. I wore this last Winter, and I felt so pretty and girly in it, plus I kept getting stopped and complimented, which makes any girl feel good :) One woman actually asked me if it was a dress, or if I had come up with the combo myself! This is definitely something I'll rewear as much as I can.


♥  JoAnn from Sidewalk Chalk: I have many different "favorite" dresses, but this may be my best combination. I like that it includes my love of vintage, modern ruffles, and florals. I was so happy in this outfit!

Strapless dress: Laura Ashley, thrifted, vintage (1980s)
Sweater, belt: LOFT
Shoes: Zigi Soho

♥  LynnieLou from Besos, Lynn:


♥  AppGal from Musings on the Mountain: I loved this outfit because of the really fun color contrasting. I think navy and ochre go really well together. Even though this was the day I was called a vampire it was one of my favorite outfits because I felt so confident in it! The print is unique on the skirt, but the button-down pulled it together to make the outfit very professional.

Top: J.Crew haberdashery shirt in wild blackberry
Skirt: J.Crew Ochre Ikat skirt
Shoes: Seychelles "Her Majesty" pumps

♥  Cindi from Simply Cindi: Here's one of my favorite outfits!!! I'm submitting this one partly because this was one of the last things I wore right before I got married. It was my rehearsal dinner dress. Not only did I get a great deal for it, but it made me feel so pretty when I really needed it. Who doesn't want to feel pretty right before their wedding day right? I'm excited to wear this again and recreate that feeling!

Dress: Anthropologie Drifting By Dress
Cardigan: Nordstrom Halogen Bling Button Cardigan
Shoes: Sofft Suede Pumps

♥  Ally from Modestly Fashioned: I loved this outfit because it was so polished and made me feel so put together! I feel so much more confident when I feel like I look my best:)

White Undershirt: Elzee (Brooklyn, NY)
Vest: H & M
Skirt: Target
Jacket: Banana Republic
Necklace: Gift from R
Tights: Century 21 (Hue)
Shoes: Zappos (Minnetonka)
Belt: Gap

♥  E Hayes from Strawberry Swing and Other Things: I wore this outfit last month to a friend's baby shower, I just felt like it was the perfect outfit for the event - sweet and feminine.

Blouse: J.Crew Silk Frances Cami in Ivory
Skirt: Nordstrom Hinge
Shoes: Banana Republic Sonya Huarache Wedges
Belt: Anthropologie Snakebite
Necklace: RitzyMisfit Initial Stamp (via etsy)

♥  Liz from lizzypunch: My recipe for a favorite/comfy/stylish outfit is all black+cute shoes+denim+a bright+special accessories like my gifted bag and bangle!


♥  Cat from anthrosdottir: I was going to go with something more recent, but then I remembered this outfit and it's truly one of my faves because it has all the individual pieces are my favorites. This coat - I LOVE and would like to wear it everyday if possible. Same with the hat, boots, and jeans.
 

♥  Jen from vintageglammz: This is by far my fave. I often have those "off" days even when I'm wearing a brand new dress. But this particular dress made me feel beautiful. Simply because I got married in it! When else do I get the chance to wear something long, white and lacy, complete with a tulle headwear? And how often do I get to wear Vera Wang other than in perfume form? Best of all, just knowing I was marrying the man I loved made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world!
 
Dress and corsage belt: Vera Wang
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman

♥  Ady from growing up: This is my favorite dress. It is called the Surrealist dress and my best friend bought it for me when I was going through a hard time. At the time, I could not afford an expensive dress from Anthropologie. Every time I wear it, I think of her and I think about how much she cares about me. Somehow, that gives me a confidence boost. I always get compliments when I wear this dress, but a part of me wonders if it because it is an awesome dress or because I feel so great wearing it that I always smile. :)


♥  EE from eek!: I wore this to what turned out to be a surprise birthday party for me back in May. I love the pink plaid on the dress and it has pockets! My Gucci platforms I bought last year and they make me feel superfabulous :)

Dress: Banana Republic Outlet
Shoes: Gucci
Necklace: Anthropologie

♥  Jamie from Thrifty Threads: I think there are a few reasons why I love this outfit: This dress always makes me feel like a million bucks. It has a flattering cut and is made of high quality fabric with a unique texture. This is one of the first "yellow" outfits that I have worn. Long ago, I convinced myself that yellow looks terrible on me. I've slowly tried to break myself of that assumption and incorporate more yellow into my style. The shoes are perfect (even their name proclaims this to be the case!). High heeled, but comfortable and professional. The outfit is appropriate for many settings: the office, a nice dinner out, a family function, etc.

Dress: Shoshanna
Cardigan: Old Navy
Belt: Talbots
Shoes: Ann Taylor Elle Perfect Pump

♥  Tricia from Tricia's Take:


♥  Cindy from Closet Comforts: It was my favorite from the summer and since I'm feeling all sorts of nostalgia for those months right now, I knew it'd be my submission (: It's the first time I put something together that clicked without me thinking it would (black and white polka dots and a green cardigan?) and made me a lot more interested in putting together outfits instead of just throwing on a dress on and calling it a day. Though I still do that.

Dress: H&M Polka Dot 
Sweater: Anthropologie Blooming Lattice Cardigan
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Style&co Mary Jane Heels

♥  Laura from Anthro Closet Chaos: This was a tough choice. I decided to go for the most recent. I accidentally put this Sweater Dress with the Cardi while I was tearing through my closet looking for outfit ideas for my Reader's Challenge.

Sweater: Anthropologie Great Length - by Sparrow - 2009
Cardigan: Anthropologie Vines and Buds in Beige - by Charlie and Robin - 2010
Necklace: Anthropologie Ribbon Rays - by Tataborello - 2010
Tights: Anthropologie Striped Sweater in Red - by Eloise - 2010
Boots: Anthropologie Malted Barley - by Area Forte - 2009

And here's my favorite outfit from recent memory (though this doesn't compare to what all these gorgeous ladies have put together!) this outfit was nothing special other than regular weekday workwear, but I remember feeling fantastic in it. And I don't usually do silk dresses, but this one made me feel frilly and "sumptuous" - in fact, I may need to break this out again with some tights for winter!

Dress: Anthropologie Floreat Castle Lake
Sweater: Anthropologie Guinevere Roaming Frills
Belt: J. Crew metallic skinny
Shoes: Sofft Giovanna

Thanks to everyone who has participated this week - I am overwhelmed by the wonderful responses, and all your fantastic outfits! I can definitely see why these are some of your favorite looks! 

Stay tuned for next week's edition, as we take things back to your perfectly imperfect outtakes (so save your funniest)!