For my friend...

I have a friend who is a 'work' friend but whom I have known for years and years and who I share most of my waking thoughts with. On work days she tops and tails my day - half professional de-brief and half personal updates. She is flat out with back pain at the moment and pleaded with me today 'can you please blog more; I have nothing to read!' She is one of the very few friends who know I blog; she once described this place in cyberspace as 'like a dream'.

We have a pact that we must always wear heels to work, irrespective and no matter what. In a business meeting; it's all about the outfit. Never, ever commit to something in the future in the hope that by the time it comes, you will have reconciled yourself to having to go; you won't have. Never underestimate the benefit of an early night. And eat more mackerel. Oh and perfect motherhood is around the corner; it just alludes us every day. But most of all....breathe... :-)