Things of beauty...

I am generally wanting to give a cheery round-up of the week on Fridays and to dwell, just for a few moments, on some pretty pictures. This week, something has happened professionally that has left me so cross and disillusioned that I can barely stop the grrrrrr from leaping out of my keyboard! I will endeavour to get over it, but for the first time I am starting to honestly wonder if my relationship with my work has become unhelpful, unhealthy, un-me? I am compelled to consider whether I am doing the right thing in working; a point constantly revisited by working mothers who wonder 'is it worth it?' and has been the source of many a blogpost before this one.

Time to make a plan?

Meanwhile the weekend sees some much-needed family time. Returning to school has thrown the Boos into a spin as homework, routine and discipline become the order of the day following four weeks of sloth-like behaviour. It's been a tough week for all of us! Time to relax and try to think of sunnier days, easier times...

via a lady's findings

...pretty Kate Winslet.
Ooops, there it is...



by Braedon Photography


'Portrait of a Girl in a Pink Apron' by Edwin Harris.


I have always been very attached to the past and its defining characteristics...is it time to apply this logic?


Quiet reflection in a favourite chair...


My new fave person, Keri Russell; I saw 'Waitress' this week and thought she was charming.

...Keri Russell...



How cute is this pup?

...gorgeousness in fabric by Vanessa Arbuthnott...

...a New York minute...

via little teaspoon
via flickr


Have a happy weekend...