Quirky Pleather

I watched All About Steve last night, which is a movie starring Sandra Bullock as a socially-awkward crossword "constructor" who becomes infatuated with a news cameraman and follows him across the country because she believes he likes her. The movie was kind of meh-worthy, but I'm a big fan of Sandra in general and thought she knew how to rock a pair of red go go boots (partly the reason why my new rain boots are the same shiny hue).

It also got me thinking about how everyone has their own character traits that could be considered different by other people - quirks or eccentricities. Things that may not be understood or even liked by other people, by that help to define who we are and how we're unique. Three cheers for quirks!

My personal quirks? Do we have all day? When I drink milk, it must be very very cold and I will chug it because I don't want the off chance of it turning even a tiny bit not icy cold. I always have a pen in my purse - always. I enjoy food prep, I find it soothing. I don't like having loose items in my purse - they are always in a pocket or in a satchel inside my purse. I have chronic foot-in-mouth syndrome and a truck driver's sense of humor. I not-so-secretly want to live in loungewear, all the time (thank you for your super-cute sweatshirts and hoodies, Anthro). I sometimes talk to myself in public. I laugh at inappropriate situations. I chew on my lips sometimes. I enjoy shoulder dancing and bursting out into spontaneous boogie-ing except in an actual environment meant for dancing. I read historical fiction and am addicted to King Arthur mythology (is that quirky or just plain nerdy ...). I will correct people if they say "in regards to". I look at the Anthro and J Crew sites daily for updates (but I don't think I'm alone there, am I). I have a stuffed sheep named Sheep and until Pacey, she was a bedtime buddy. I think I am a ninja - because I am one. I like using humor to overcome my general awkwardness. I don't eat things that look like they've already been chewed: oatmeal, applesauce, cottage cheese. I tend to be more sympathetic towards animals than people. I incessantly make lists and enjoy crossing "projects" off. I will only eat Cheese Nips - no bobo brands and definitely no Cheez-Its (I can taste the difference - don't try to fool me, people). I obsessively look over my written documents to make sure things are spaced correctly - I am a formatting fiend (do you know how many times I hit "preview" on Blogger for a post?) When I eat, I always eat the least-favorite items first, saving the best bite for last. I am going to stop there.

☻ ☺ ☻ ☺

This is an outfit I wore briefly yesterday - for about two hours to prance around the house in. What I actually wore through most of yesterday (heck, the past two days) consisted of Uggs, skinnies, a tee and a fleecie, all the better to be able to walk the dog in, because that is all the getting outside I've been able to do these past few days. Is the whole dressing "just to dress" thing considered another quirk?

Do you gals have any personal quirks or eccentricities you care to share? I'm not alone in quirky-dom am I? ;o)




Top: Ann Taylor jeweled bib (worn here before - similar-ish here or here in black or just necklace here)
Sweater: Gap (worn here before - similar online here)
Skirt: H&M pleather (worn here before - now in stores, or similar here in brown or dress version here)
Belt: J. Crew metallic skinny (similar here)
Tights: F21 (similar here)
Shoes: Madden Girl tweed herringbone (worn here before - similar here)