Loafing

It has been a relaxing couple of days since returning home from NYC, despite having a wee new one to feed in the family. I am sure that I am not the only one who is not looking forward to the first day of "getting back into it" for 2011.

The BF and I have spent every waking moment getting acquainted to our new little family member and she has taken immediately to a pup's version of la dolce vita. Pacey loves her doggy bed, even loves snuggling in her crate (and the couch, and our laps, and the bed), going on long walks even though she's still a little timid of people and animals and slip sliding all over the wood floors. Her big puppy feet makes her a goofy and natural acrobat and she's a natural at stretching and lounging.

So you can see why I dressed up once this whole week - you're supposed to do things on January 1 that you want an opportunity to do all year long, right?



Dress: Anthropologie Maeve Dagmar (last gal on earth to buy one, I know - similar online solid here or print here)
Belt: H&M (worn here before - similar online here or here)
Tights: Merona by Target cable knit
Shoes: Anthropologie Raines / Seychelles Ring in the New Year (similar online here)

And the whole rest of the week, I looked like some semblance of this:


Cardigan: H&M marled cotton (worn here before - similar online here)
Top: Old Navy slub tee
Jeans: Forever 21 skinny ankle (similar online here)
Boots: Anthropologie Miss Albright Pebbled & Primped (similar online wedge here or stiletto here)

♦   ♦   ♦   ♦

The new year has reinvigorated my desire to enjoy food at home more and the past few nights we've spent doing just that - going to Fresh Market (oh how I've lived without you for so long I don't know) and stocking up on their baked goods, white cheddar and green peppercorn sausage,  making a new version of Texas spaghetti (in honor of the Hornfrogs, my BF's alma mater), trying out BF's mom's bacon-swiss-pea-romaine salad recipe, and putting together a good ole easy homestyle dinner with a classic meatloaf as the anchor.

I started out with mom's meatloaf recipe from the Food Network and embellished it but adding in the following, all finely chopped: 1/3 green pepper, 1 small carrot, 1 stalk celery, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder.

Chop, chop, chop.

Pre.

Post.

I'll be catching up on all your blogs over the next few days - happy 2011, you beautiful people, I know this'll be the best year yet! You're supposed to start off positively about these things, aren't you?  ;o)