Monochrome Me

Today I broke out a piece I purchased literally months ago and have never actually worn out. I ran into this dress at Anthro on sale during late summer and purchased it on a whim - it is snuggly, warm and apparently I had no idea what to do with it (sleeveless wool dress with a deep v-neck - huh?!) So it has languished in my closet until recently when I saw a few fellow bloggettes wear blouses underneath their dresses to winterize them. A-ha, brilliant!

Yes the random loose piece of fabric from the waist is a bit weird - no, I guess it doesn't bother me.

That got me to thinking - I know I'm not the only gal with way too many things in her closet and with pieces that either don't get worn or don't get worn enough. So for the next Respect the Outfits post - please send me some outfit pics with piece(s) from your closet that don't get enough love!

This is a great opp to dig through your closets and pull out long-ignored pieces - use what you've got and think back to why you purchased a certain piece and how you can make it work for your daily wardrobe. Bring it back! À la Tim Gunn: Make it work!

Shoot your pic along with your outfit details and info on what piece(s) you are wearing that doesn't get enough attention and why - send them to respecttheshoes(at)live.com. Post will go up on Monday, January 24!


Pacey can't stay away when a camera is around - but then she can't face the camera either!

Dress: Anthropologie Sparrow cordial embrace (similar-ish here - not similar but ruffly cute here)
Shirt: J. Crew island paisley perfect (worn here before - similar here or black here)
Belt: Anthropologie infinity (worn here before - similar here)
Tights: Anne Klein herringbone (similar here)
Shoes: UO Kimchi Blue wingtips (worn here before)