Things of beauty...

Hello, it's me. Here is what I think:
  1. Diane Kruger; she is a beauty. Katie Holmes; now, if we were still in 'Dawson's Creek' days she would be the one, Joey Potter was an institution
  2. Mascara...never used to be but nowadays it's vital
  3. Hmmm...Colin Firth is just delicious but Robert Downey Jnr has that cheeky side - which to choose? As one commenter said: Robert for fun, Colin for life!
  4. Of all of Jane Austen's women characters surely Elizabeth Bennett has integrity? Emma Woodhouse is  frippery...
  5. Hired help? Well let's say that the more I have the more I want! I am a home maker but find that life gets in the way...
  6. Weekend away; right now in this dreadful weather I would choose Vegas for its desert location. Daiquiri, anyone?
  7. Cath Kidston in summer, Orla Kiely in winter.
  8. Charlotte York; she is so consistent, and that hair!
  9. Classic elegance but I keep getting waylaid by the quirks.
  10. Ski - and am still learning to do that after many years, let alone mastering a snowboard. Plus I hate the sound they make on the piste...
  11. Chestnut brunette - I did try platinum blonde once but it didn't go well.
  12. I am a Mac convert through and through; pod, pad, book; whichever form it comes in it is a thing of beauty.
  13. Shotgun wedding; when you know, you know. 
  14. Impossibly superstitious - no shoes on the table, no walking under ladders, touching wood so as not to jinx, no lilacs in the house...I could go on.
  15. Carnivore  - but wouldn't mind being a vegetarian, until I smell roast chicken that is...
  16. Spender - 'nuff said.
  17. Tulips.
So I think we might be compatible ;-)

Friday finds me rather pensive as life returns to it's normal rhythm. School is back - I have spent my first time alone in a month. Like everyone else I feel a primal requirement to declutter my house. Work has started to get very busy again; hard to keep those best intentions of avoiding stress when it's layered on so convincingly at work. You can only do your best, hey?

Thinking of sunnier days and kinder weather - what is with this rain? And this blog - well I like my blog; it completes me.

via from me to you
Oh to be this carefree...


So much rain this week...

via Sarah Klassen




Love this self-satisfied smile...

via The Sartorialist...did you see his film? LOVED it!

I have a wedding dress crush on this beauty featured by friend Rhi, who is taking her dreams into her own hands with her new wedding planning business...

via Hey Gorgeous









I have developed a slight obsession with the ipad Mulberry app...and a wandering eye between the Mulberry Alexa and the Mulberry Tillie....ohhh decisions! Recite after me: it's just a handbag, it's just a handbag, it's just a handbag!




...Robin Wright Penn...
I just adore this image from Fendi's catwalk show...to me this is Spring dressing personified...

via crush cul de sac


My kind of power dressing by Dolce and Gabanna...perfect black bag...



via a lady's findings

via are so happy
I have started my annual event of re-reading my all time favourite book - 'Couples' by John Updike, set in 1963. No matter how many times I read it it can still stop me in my tracks; the writing and the human accuracy of a portrayal of marriage.


Here's to a restful, re-grouping kind of weekend...
January we salute you.