Respect the Outfits (the Forgotten)

We all have them. Deep in the dark recesses of our closets. The tangled, wrinkled masses, often still with their tags on. The shirts, skirts, dresses that we absorb into our wardrobe collective, left to accidentally be "discovered" once every few months as we rifle through our abundance - maybe every once in a while to be pulled out, considered, brows furrowed over, before being led back into the dark depths.

That's why in this Respect the Outfits reader post, we're featuring the closet Forgotten! A few brave souls reached into their closet depths and unearthed a few hidden treasures to share. Because all good clothes deserve their time to shine. Here are their stories ;o).

♠  Jen from vintageglammz - I got the Tatting Tank last October, on sale. This was part of the reason why I got it. I also found the colour to be versatile and the crocheted knit details very feminine which could easily be incorporated into my working wardrobe as well as for the weekend. As for the heart shaped sunnies, I consider them a novelty and fun piece and will only wear them on the weekend and when I'm on a seaside vacation. I got them for their too-cool-for-school appeal.

See more of Jen rocking her look here.

Top: Tatting Tank (Anthro) / Skirt: Weave the Ring (Anthro) / Belt: Paddy's Markets Sydney /
Shoes: Payless Shoes US / Sunnies: Paddy's Markets Sydney

♠  Lisa from Confessions of a Call Center Gal - My Anthro Thousand Island Skirt does not get enough attention 'coz I'm afraid it's a little too short for my age. I don't wanna prance around looking like a cougar dressed as a cub!

See more of Lisa rocking her look here.

Top - Target / Skirt - Anthro Thousand Island (Summer 2009) / Shoes - Anthro Hallowed Halls Oxfords /
Tights - Anthro / Belt - Anthro Snakebite belt

♠  Laura from Anthro Closet Chaos: I pulled this Dress and Sweater from my closet and planned to sell them. The Dress is dreaded Rayon. I didn't care for the see through net bodice or the tiny flower print. And the waist is elastic. Ehh! The Sweater is a little to Orange-Pink for my liking. I don't like ties around my waist. Besides, a long sweater without sleeves makes no sense. Both purchased on sale. Both more than a year old. Both worn only once. Not together! Both languishing in my closet wasting precious space. Neither getting much love or attention. To this day I have no idea what I was thinking when I ordered them. If I had an Anthro near me, I would not have left the store with either item. I couldn't return them to online since I had actually worn them. I proceeded to put them on. Dress first to see if it fit. Then the sweater. And whalla! It was a match made in Heaven. Quite by accident!

See more of Laura rocking her look here.

Anthro's Peppercorn Dress - by Maeve - July 2009 / Anthro's Above and Beyond Cardi - by Tabitha - July 2009 / Camden Wedge in Black - by Jambu - May 2010 (Ha-ha my Son's name is Camden) / Orange Agate and Purpurite with Copper Chain - Etsy Shop fleurfatale - June 2009

♠  Lisa from Sweet Laundry Loves: There are two items that I am wearing that don't get enough love. The first is the blazer, and I originally bought it as a light "jacket" to wear in the fall. I find that I'm not wearing it much in the winter because I usually grab sweaters to stay warm, and the blazer under the winter coat can be a bit uncomfortable at times. My other problem with this blazer is that I only know how to wear it with pants and have no idea how I would style it with a dress or a skirt. The second item is the skinny jeans. I bought these jeans in 2009 and haven't worn them within the past year since I discovered the comfort and stretch of the jegging. However, the quality of my jeggings are starting to fade, so I've decided to bring back the skinny jean.

See more of Lisa rocking her look here.

Blazer: Urban Outfitters / Shirt, Necklace: H&M / Jeans: Fidelity Denim/ Earrings: Anthropologie

♠  JG from Stuff Jewish Girls Like: I'm wearing my Interpretation Chemise. It hasn't been getting a whole lot of love from me because even though I think it works perfectly fine as a dress, I feel kind of strange wearing it outside and knowing that it was originally meant to be nightwear. I end up wearing it just to lounge around my apartment. It's a shame, too, because this little frock is too pretty to just sit at home! I need to give it more outdoors love.

Interpretation Chemise (Anthro) / August Silk Cardigan / Pure + Good Shlub Leggings (Anthro) / Trail Marker Socks (Anthro)

♠   ♠   ♠   ♠

I originally bought this cardigan after seeing Kim rock it, but this is the first time I've worn it after it got lost in the black depths of my closet. I don't know why I've waited so long now - this cardi is so pretty and easy - good thing Target online still hase a bunch of colors on super-sale because I am tempted to get more. As for the top and necklace - they are both more summery pieces that haven't gotten enough love at all. Who is to say you can only wear certain pieces during certain times of the year? Apparently me - mentally to myself, but not anymore!



Sweater: Xhiliration by Target lace cardigan
Top: Anthropologie Molded & Melded (worn here before - similar here or here)
Jeans: Forever 21 skinny ankle (similar here)
Shoes: Seychelles Ring in the New Year (worn here before - similar-ish here)
Necklace: Anthropologie Double Torsade (worn here before - not that close, but kinda here or here)